Which procedure or workflow is recommended by VWP?
Val Westover Photography Professional Retouching Services can adapt to any individual workflow. But often there are set workflows that photographers opt for, that are useful and eases their work.
How do I place an order?
To place an order, register for free with Val Westover Photography Retouching Services. Following which, your account will be checked and activated by our team. An email will be sent to you in this regard. Once you receive it, you can log into your account and place an order. Please note that this may take up to 24 hours.
Can I save my preferred settings for future orders?
Yes. You do not have to keep selecting your preferred settings every time you place an order! You have the option of saving these settings as a template and then using that template for all your future orders.
Note: It is very important though that you double check the settings saved in the template and make sure that they are still relevant for your current order.
How can I brief VWP about my editing style?
There are several ways in which you can inform us about your editing requirements: Send us a link of your site, blog or portfolio. Our team will analyze your images and process your order based on your style. You can send us sample images in low resolution, either of a complete wedding or images before & after editing, to replicate your editing style. You can send us an email or describe your editing style in the job instructions in the order form, mentioning as many details as you like. Send us one of your (edited) Lightroom catalogs along with the Smart Previews. It can be a complete wedding or just 20 to 50 images to exhibit your style and the entire workflow. You can send in your customized Lightroom Presets along with the catalog. For each order you have the option of receiving 10 job samples, wherein you can send us a feedback for us to understand your editing style. If your style changes in future, please do not forget to notify us about it. Your images are always processed according to your instructions.
How can I communicate with the VWP team after placing an order?
You can send us feedback for your order through the system instead of emails. Once you have placed an order, you can easily communicate with production and the customer service team through the comments box while the order is in progress. You also can add links to reference images! This will simplify communicating with the team and you will be able to see all the relevant information for that particular order, all in one place.
How do I upload my Images?
After you login to your account, go to “Orders” and look for the image upload button at the side of your order. You have 2 options to upload your image.
VWP Uploader: For files only. Each file should not be more than 100 MB. Drag and drop your files here and the uploader will do the rest including notifying the production team that you have completed the upload.
Link: Upload your images or smart previews to Dropbox, WeTransfer, Google Drive, etc. and paste a link.
Multiple Links: You can upload multiple links for a particular order. This will help you upload images in multiple parts and from different sources. Note: We can only start your order once we have received all your files. Make sure that the upload is complete before you submit a link for your order.
How do I download my Images?
When your order is complete, you should receive an “Order Complete” email from production. Please click the “Download” button next to your order in the “My Orders” menu after logging in to your account.
Does the color correction service include masking or retouching?
This service is designed for advanced color correction and does not include masking or retouching.
Do you prefer RAW compared to JPEG?
A RAW file contains more information than a JPEG which means that the team has more information to work with and the output results are much better. Especially in case of retouching orders, we would prefer RAW files. However, in case of weddings, events and other color correction orders all we need are Smart-Previews.
Which version of Lightroom is recommended?
We always recommend having the latest version of Lightroom. The versions 5 and 6 / CC have some very useful updates. Smart Previews are supported from version 5.
How do Lightroom Smart Previews work?
The newest version of Lightroom allows for compressed previews of RAW images to be embedded
directly into the catalog. This allows a full selection of RAW, non-destructive editing to be done without
actually having the original images.
For you, this means:
• You only need to send the exported catalog with the smart previews.
• The data is 8 times smaller than the original images.
• Upload is faster and a huge savings in bandwidth.
How can I send Lightroom smart previews?
• Create a new Lightroom catalog and name it as per your order.
• Import only those images in the catalog that you want to send to VWP.
• Select all the images and click Library – Create Smart previews.
• Send us the catalog (“.lrcat”) and the Smart Previews (“Smart Previews.lrdata”) files.
How do I create a new catalog with Smart previews in Lightroom 5/6?
Create a new catalog. The name of the catalog should be “[ORDER NAME] LR5”.
• Import only the images you are sending to VWP into this catalog.
• Select all of the images, and click Library > Previews > Build Smart Previews.
• Send both the catalog (ending in “.lrcat”) and the Smart Preview (ending in “Smart Previews.lrdata”) files.
How do I process the catalog that I have received back from VWP?
Download, open, and unzip the catalog you received from VWP.
• While in Library (Grid) mode, click the icon in the upper-right hand corner of a thumbnail image and locate that original RAW on your computer. LR will automatically find the rest of the images.
• Wait for the previews to render.
What if I am not satisfied with the editing and I need to provide you some feedback?
If you are not satisfied with the editing, you can submit a redo request by email and your job will
be redone for you at no extra cost.
All you need to do is:
• Make sure that you are submitting a redo within 15 days of the order being completed.
• Give us specific instructions on what you need to be redone.
• Provide examples wherever you can.
We will do our best to send the redone images back to you within 24 hours. We will also save your feedback in your profile for future orders.
It is important that you give us some time to adapt to your style. Unfortunately we cannot offer refund for an order, if no time is given for improvement / redo to us.
If you are unsure, you always have the option of receiving 10 job samples, wherein you can send us a feedback for us to understand your editing style. In addition, basic style changes or the use of presets should be sent to us BEFORE the order is being processed.
Feedback: VWP encourages you to provide feedback, which will further help us improve and fine tune our processes and quality being delivered back to you. All feedbacks along with your preferences and examples are stored in our central database against your client ID, to be observed and applied on all your future orders.
Do you do express deliveries?
We understand that photographers are very busy and have very specific deadlines. Therefore, we do offer express services at an additional cost.
Can VWP work with my Lightroom presets?
Of course, you can send us your Lightroom Presets. We also own the latest VSCO presets as well as many others. So if you like, you can let us know your preferred presets. That way you need not have to send a preset across.
How does VWP protect my personal work preferences and my editing style?
Every customer has his/her own editing style and work preferences, and we understand that these are valuable to him. Therefore all your personal preferences and editing styles are stored in a centralized database and protected against the use with other customer orders.
How does VWP protect my personal data and my files?
Following are some of the points that highlight the level of security for the staff and the data
stored at the production facility:
• Client confidentiality maintained using client codes in communications with production.
• In house ERP system allocates and retrieves files under production with all files being stored on a central server.
• Copying, deleting of flies is domain controlled and password protected.
• No external memory devices like USB thumb drives, passport drives and smart phones are permitted on the production facility.
• A state of the art anti data leak policy to govern all files stored in-house.
• Port blocking on all production machines and domain controlled to prevent any data leakage.
• Internet access is only available to key staff. Production machines are entirely isolated from the internet.
• Extremely focused, self-motivated and customer service oriented staff.
• 24 x 7 CCTV monitoring for all employees.
• Combination of keycard and biometric access controlling all staff access at the facility.
• Raw files are deleted after a period of 15 days from the day the order is delivered.
What forms of payment do you accept?
Currently we accept payments through PayPal. You can simply connect your credit or debit cards to your PayPal account and use it to make payments to VWP.
Will I receive an invoice from VWP?
An invoice will be generated after you complete the payment process. It will be available in your VWP account and will also be sent via e-mail.
I am not able to find the service that I am looking for.
Do you have specific retouching requirements that are not covered in our standard retouching services list? Custom retouching covers advanced Photoshop services like head swapping, background removal, skin smoothing, etc. You name it and we will do it. Retouching is charged based on the amount of time it takes to process the image. This service is simple but flexible. The request for a quote is absolutely FREE. You can approve or reject the quote, no strings attached.